This quick oven dish is a perfect combination of delicious fresh, crispy broccoli combined with sweet tomatoes and creamy gnocchi.
This dish is the first dish I saved when I started my recipe folder and actively searched for more vegetarian dishes. It’s amazingly simple: pre-cook gnocchi, cut vegetables, and put it in the oven.
In the original Tesco recipe, you have to make the pesto yourself as a garnish. But I don’t have time for that during the week, so I always serve this dish with self-bought pesto instead of self-made. If you want to make it a bit more luxurious, you can always buy fresh pesto instead of the long life pesto. Oh and use green pesto, not red.
Gnocchi with roasted broccoli
5 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 500 grams gnocchi
- 350 grams broccoli
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 150 grams fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- Jar of green pesto
- Boil a one and a half liters of water in a kettle.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cook the gnocchi for a minute in a large pot with the pre-boiled water and a pinch of salt. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Wash the broccoli and cut into bite-sized florets. Peel the stem and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes, broccoli, precooked gnocchi and olive oil in a large baking dish. Sprinkle the chili flakes on top.
- Roast the gnocchi mix in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Wash the fresh spinach.
- Add the fresh spinach on top of the gnocchi mix and roast for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and mix the gnocchi mix to let the spinach wilt.
- Serve with the green pesto.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!