This tortellini salad is a perfect evening meal but also works well for lunch the next day. Originally a BBC Good Food recipe, the More Than Broccoli version is supplemented with extra spinach, and more broccoli and tomato. You almost wouldn’t need the pesto dressing, so fresh. But it’s the dressing that makes this salad so irresistible.
Tortellini salad with pesto
10 minutes preparation + 15 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 1 pack vegetarian filled tortellini (choose your own flavour)
- 350 grams broccoli
- 3 large tomatoes
- 150 grams fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Optional: 100 grams feta
Preparing the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Peel the stem and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the spinach and cut in half.
Preparing the broccoli and tortellini
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the broccoli for 2 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and cook together for another two minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and tortellini. Wash with cold water to cool.
Bringing it all together
- Mix the broccoli, tortellini, tomatoes and spinach in a salad bowl.
- Add the pesto and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Serve with crumbled feta as garnish if using.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!