This delicious ‘salmon’ teriyaki is proof of how easy it has become to swap your favourites for vegetarian alternatives.
The reason I stayed pescatarian for as long as I did was salmon. While I didn’t eat fish that often, when I did, it usually was salmon. So you can imagine my joy and excitement when Vivera announced their plant-based salmon!
Unfortunately it is only available in selected Tesco stores in the UK, but I am hopeful they will roll it out to more stores soon. If you are in the Netherlands, it is widely available.
This salmon has a specific type of preparation. It is already in ‘cooked’ form but eating it raw like non plant-based salmon isn’t recommended. It’s best to still cook it and give it a crispy edge. Thankfully that also meant it was a perfect candidate for the salmon teriyaki dish that I still had in my collection.
We prepare this dish in the airfryer but if you don’t have one, you can also use a regular oven (just turn the heat up to 220 degrees instead of 180/200).
Salmon terriyaki with roasted broccoli
10 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking — serves 2
- 1 pack Vivera plant-based salmon
- 500 grams broccoli
- 160 grams rice (a wild rice mix works well for this dish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons terriyaki sauce
- 1.5 cm ginger
- 0.5 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Use one tablespoon of olive oil to grease both salmon pieces (make sure to grease both sides).
- Cover the salmon with the terriyaki sauce and ginger.
- Rub the sauce and ginger on both sides of the salmon pieces to marinate. Leave the salmon to marinate while you prepare the broccoli and put the rice on.
- Boil one liter of water in a kettle.
- Preheat the airfryer to 180/200 degrees.
- Cook the rice in a pot with the preboiled water for c. 19 minutes (longer / shorter depending on packet instructions). Drain and set aside.
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets. Peel the stem and cut into cubes.
- Season the broccoli florets by mixing it with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Put the broccoli florets in the airfryer basket. Place the marinated salmon pieces on top.
- Cook the broccoli and salmon in the airfryer for c. 10 minutes.
- Serve the rice with the roasted broccoli and salmon.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!