This is a delicious summer pasta. The combination of spaghetti with a lemon dressing, supplemented with fresh tomatoes and avocado makes this a great dish for warmer days.
The dish is originally from a Tesco magazine and I didn’t have to adjust much. I only made some minor adjustments to the ratios of vegetables and spaghetti.
The great thing about this dish is that it is ready so quickly. All you really have to do is cook the spaghetti and make the dressing, and that’s it. The heat of the cooked spaghetti will wilt the spinach before you serve it with a delicious combination of green vegetables and avocado!
Green pasta with avocado
10 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 150 grams petit pois
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 125 grams baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- Freshly grated pepper
- Boil a liter of water in a kettle.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Grate the lemon. Don’t throw away the lemon pieces just yet as you will need the juice for the dressing.
- Press the garlic.
- Cut the avocado in half. Peel off the skin and remove the pit. Cut each half into thin slices.
Cook the spaghetti / prepare the dressing
- Cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes in a large pot with the pre-boiled water and a pinch of salt.
- Add the petit pois to the spaghetti and cook for the last two minutes.
- Scoop out a little cooking water from the pot and set aside. Drain the spaghetti and petit pois.
- Return the spaghetti and petit pois to the pot and add the spinach and tomatoes. Stir and cover. Set aside covered so that the spinach wilts from the heat of the spaghetti.
- Mix the olive oil, 50ml of the cooking liquid, garlic, the juice of half a lemon and most of the lemon zest for the dressing.
Bringing it all together
- Pour the dressing over the spaghetti and stir to spread.
- serve the spaghetti mix with the avocado slices, some freshly ground pepper and the remaining lemon zest as garnish.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!