This colourful lentil salad is one of my favorites because of the delicious mix of simple vegetables, and the addition of What The Cluck ‘chicken’ from the Vegetarian Butcher.
I kept the original dressing of the dish as the sourness of the Greek yogurt gives the salad a nice refreshment. The lentils and quinoa in the salad make it nice and filling, but you can of course use your own fresh salad dressing!
15 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 1 pack What The Cluck from the Vegetarian Butcher
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 teaspoon paprika powder
- 35 grams of pecan nuts
- 120 grams Greek yogurt
- 2 red onions
- 2 red pointed peppers
- 150 grams quinoa
- 100 grams baby spinach
- 1 can green lentils (precooked)
- 0.5 vegetable stock cube
- 0.5 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil 1 liter of water in a kettle.
- Wash the quinoa and cook in a pot with the pre-boiled water and the stock cube for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Cut the What The Cluck pieces into equal pieces.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Mix the olive oil, a tablespoon of lemon juice, garlic and paprika powder in a bowl.
- Mix the What The Cluck pieces with the marinade and set aside.
- Chop the pecans into small pieces and mix with the Greek yogurt. Keep separate.
- Cut the red onion into half rings.
- Cut the pointed peppers into thin strips.
Preparing the salad
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the pepper and onion. Fry for c. 8 minutes until the onion is soft and starting to brown.
- Remove the pepper and onion from the pan. Keep separate.
- Heat a little oil again in the same pan and add the marinated What The Cluck pieces. Fry in c. 8 minutes brown and crispy.
- Remove the pieces from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Wash the spinach.
- Drain the lentils and rinse under cold water.
- Add the onion, pepper, quinoa, lentils and spinach to the pan and heat for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice under the salad.
Bringing it all together
- Serve the lentil salad with the marinated What The Cluck pieces and the yogurt dressing.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!