A simple soup that you could make with all types of vegetables. The addition of roasted peppers makes this delicious soup that little bit more special. And the soup fills well as a main meal thanks to chickpeas.
Carrot soup with roasted peppers
10 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 1 small onion
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 500 grams carrots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 125ml cream
- 1 can chickpeas
- Optional: fresh bread (ciabatta)
Preparing the vegetables
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Wash the celery and cut into arcs.
- Wash the carrot and cut into slices of 1-2cm.
- Heat some oil in a large pot. Once the oil is warm, add the vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables for c. 5 minutes.
Preparing the soup
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Cut the roasted peppers into thin slices.
- Add three quarters of the peppers and the can of chickpeas (drained) to the vegetables. Remove from the heat.
- Puree the vegetables with a stick blender to create a smooth soup.
Bringing it all together
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the soup on the stove and heat through for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the soup with some fresh bread if using.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!