This salad was created after we had some leftover veggies, feta and fresh spinach. We didn’t want to waste any of it, but at the same time we also didn’t have enough of each to make a fully existing dish. And so this colourful quinoa salad was born.
Colourful quinoa salad
10 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 100 grams quinoa
- 0.5 vegetable stock cube
- 500 grams mix of sweet potato and/or butternut squash cubes
- 1 pack of boiled beetroot
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 50 grams nuts (we use hazelnuts)
- 100 grams feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: hummus
Preparing the vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the sweet potato, butternut squash, and olive oil in an oven tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potato and butternut squash in the preheated oven for c. 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the beetroot into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the spinach and cut into smaller pieces.
Preparing the quinoa
- Bring half a liter of water to a boil.
- Wash the quinoa and cook together with the vegetable stock cube for 15 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa.
- Cool the quinoa under running cold water.
Bringing it all together
- Cut the nuts in half.
- Cut the feta into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the feta, nuts, spinach, beetroot, roasted vegetables and quinoa in a salad bowl.
- Serve with hummus or another salad dressing of your choice.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!