These delicious quick noodles are my go-to meal for busy weekdays. Colourful and with just a little extra spice, this is a perfect meal ready to be served within fifteen minutes.
I am not kidding. You can literally put this dish on the table in fifteen minutes.
But while this is a quick, tasty meal, that’s not the main reason why these noodles are my favoUrite. The secret is in the meat. The vegetarian mincemeat that is.
The original dish is not vegetarian, but thanks to using vegetarian mincemeat this dish can be prepared so quickly. The combination of soy sauce and sambal means that the vegetarian minced meat gives your meal just that extra bit of punch, but it does not dominate thanks to the balance with soy sauce. Delicious!
Noodles with spicy mince meat
5 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking — serves 2 to 3
- 125 grams wheat noodles
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1 table spoon sambal manis (this may be hard to find so you can use any other hot sauce that you have at hands too, however you may need a bit more soy sauce or kecap manis to balance the taste)
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons soy sauce (reduced salt)
- 1 pack Vivera mince (or another similar vegetarian mince meat — see tips here)
- 500-600 grams stirfry vegetables (choose your own style, we usually opt for an Asian style vegetable mix)
- (Stir fry) Oil
- Boil 1.5 liters of water in a kettle.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
Preparing the stirfry
- Boil the noodles in a pot with the boiler water for five minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat two large frying pans with some (stirfry) oil — one for the vegetables, and one for the mince meat.
- Add the stirfry vegetables to the first pan and fry over medium heat for c. 6 min. Turn the vegetables regularly.
- Add the Vivera/vegetarian mince meat and grated ginger to the second pan and heat over medium heat for c. 3 minutes.
- Add the sambal and two tablespoons of soy sauce to the minced meat. Stir through and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the mince meat is crispy.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of soy sauce with the stirfry vegetables.
Bringing it all together
- Serve the noodles with the sirfried vegetables and crispy mince meat.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this?
Leave a comment below if you made this recipe, and let me know what you think. Tips and feedback to improve the recipe are always welcome too!